Thursday, April 28, 2016

Book Sacrifice Tag

Saw this post tag over on Bookish Regards and decided to play along.

An over-hyped book

Situation: You’re in a store when the zombie apocalypse hits. The military informs everyone that over-hyped books are the zombies’ only weakness. What book that everyone else says is amazing but you disliked do you start chucking at the zombies?

Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
I remember when this book came out, and then again when the movie hit theatres, people were talking about this book nonstop. I tried to read it, I really did, but around page 3, I think, I wanted to hurl it at the nearest paper shredder.

A sequel

Situation: Torrential downpour. What sequel are you willing to use as an umbrella to protect yourself?

The Scorch Trials by James Dashner
I think a downpour would probably help this one. No, really, once all the ink runs and it's no longer legible, I'd probably enjoy it. Frankly, I'd be happy to use the whole series as an umbrella.

A classic

Situation: You’re in English class and your professor raves about a Classic that “transcends time”. If given the opportunity to travel back in time, which Classic would you try to stop from ever publishing?


Anthem by Any Rand
This one competes heavily for the next category as well. I get it, Ayn Rand is like the poster child of dystopian reads, not to mention a lot of the more recent dystopian releases have had quite a lot in common. But this one was just not my cup of tea!

A least favourite book

Situation: Apparently global warming = suddenly frozen wasteland. Your only hope of survival for warmth is to burn a book. Which book will you not regret lighting?
Sorry, no picture for this one. Actually, no title or author either. My least favorite book is one that I was forced to read in high school that I disliked so much that I have completely blocked it from memory. It was a biography about Apartheid in South Africa.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for playing along on the tag. I really enjoyed reading your answers. I couldn't help but laugh at "I wanted to hurl it at the nearest paper shredder"... so funny! I've felt that way about more than a few books, as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had fun! Though, I kind of cheated on the last one. :!!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete