Monday, May 23, 2016

Bound By A Dragon by Linda K. Hopkins


Title: Bound By A Dragon
Author: Linda K. Hopkins
Series: The Dragon Archives
Publication Date: May 18th 2014
Publisher: Self published
Age Group: 16+
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Pages: 260
Format: ePub
Source: Purchased
Buy the Book: Amazon
Add to: GoodreadsBooklikes


At twenty-two, Keira Carver needs to find a husband, and quickly, but the prospects in her small medieval village are not looking too good. So when Aaron Drake, a handsome stranger, takes up residence at Storbrook Castle, set deep in the surrounding mountains, Keira takes notice. Just as interesting is the fact that a fire-breathing dragon has also moved into the neighborhood, and is rumored to live in caves beneath the mountain fortress. What exactly is the connection between Aaron Drake and the dragon? And when the dragon rescues her from the unwanted attentions of some village boys, who will set out to rescue her from the huge, scaly, fire-breathing monster?


   Ok, wow. What to say about this one? It was pretty freaking awesome, that's what. I loved, loved, loved this book. I'll be honest, I didn't know a thing about this one when I first purchased it. I'd never heard of Linda K. Hopkins, either, but she's definitely got a new fan. Back to the book though, I picked it up because: a) it was free on Amazon and b) because I've been on a dragon shifter kick recently and this is a dragon shifter romance. Beyond that, nope, didn't know anything... I mean, before I started reading, I hadn't even read the blurb! Frankly though, I've discovered that I find a lot of my favorite reads that way.

  There's really one word that best describes this one for me: cute. It's short, sweet, and the plot is simple. There's no major drama or unexpected plot twists, but I think that's part of what drew me in. Books often feel like an emotional roller coaster ride, which are certainly enjoyable, but sometimes it's also fun to sit back and ride the kiddie coasters. Sure, there's no loops or dead drops, but hey, at least you didn't pee your pants, right? Like that kiddie coaster, this is a great one when you're not in the mood to put yourself through an emotional wringer.

  Another thing that was conspicuously absent from this one was the raunch-factor that has found its way into most of my most recent reads. It was actually really refreshing to read something that focused on something other than the copious amounts of sex going on between the main characters. There was plenty of turn up the heat kissing, but Hopkins chose to fade to black for anything too far beyond locked lips. I don't know why she chose to fade to black rather than write those scenes, but their absence doesn't affect the intimacy that is seen between Aaron and Keira.

  I definitely recommend you all go to Amazon or whatever online retailer you buy your books from and get this one! I, for one, am off to read the rest of the series right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment