Sunday, May 8, 2016

Cover Characteristic: Maps


Hosted by Sugar and Snark
 
Each week we will post a characteristic and choose 5 of our favorite covers with that characteristic. If you want to join in and share your 5 favorite covers with the weeks particular characteristic, then just make a post, grab the meme picture (or make your own) and leave your URL in Linky (so we can visit). You don’t even need to participate, just stopping by and saying hi would be great! Don’t forget to stop by the other participants!
 

Today's Characteristic: Maps

 


  1. It's a Big Big World Atlas- Can't help it, I loved this thing as a kid, wish I still had it for my son now. I learned all about the world from this book and it was great for pretending my barbies were going on an adventure!
     
  2. Paper Towns
  3. On the Map
  4. 1493
  5. Zone of the Marvellous  
*In full disclosure, I have only ever read the kid's atlas. I simply thought they had really cool map covers.*


The upcoming themes:

15th May – Silhouettes, 22nd May – only the back of people
 

8 comments:

  1. Great list! I'm kicking myself for not including Paper Towns on mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's more fun though when people have different ones... Paper Towns and On The Map ended up on several of them.

      Delete
  2. Paper Towns and On the Map are quite popular this week.
    I do love the cover for the atlas.

    Cover Characteristics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are. I kind of wonder if everyone had to google "books with map covers" and those are a couple of the first ones that pop up (hehe, yes, I googled it too!).
      I really miss that atlas, I'm going to have to find a copy and order it for my son!

      Delete
  3. I like all these picks, Paper Towns is good but 1493 and Zone of the Marvellous are both awesome covers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think 1493 is my favorite cover this week :)

      Delete
  4. I think On the Map would be my favorite from your picks!
    Check out my Covers

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1493 looks pretty awesome!
    Thanks for joining in last week :)

    Sugar & Snark

    ReplyDelete