Saturday, June 18, 2016

Scrapper by Chloe Ellison

Discretion advised: This book may be unsuitable for anyone under the age of 18, due to mature themes, language and sexual content.
Title: Scrapper
Author: Chloe Ellison
Publication Date: May 18, 2016
Publisher: Self Published
Age Group: Adult
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Pages: 
Format: ePub
Source: Purchased
Find the Book: AmazonGoodreads



Angela Clark
Cage Edwards, an undefeated MMA beast, picks me from the pack of journalists, offering an exclusive interview.

In his penthouse suite. Just the two of us.

I'm stunned. And nervous. I've covered hundreds of small time, local fights. This is the chance of a lifetime.

The world famous fighter is drop dead gorgeous. Six foot three, ripped, and covered in tattoos. He's got swagger, dimples, and a sexy smile that makes me think it's all for me.

He's shaving when I step inside his suite, wearing only a towel. I introduce myself, and he purposely lets it fall to the floor. He steps into the shower, leaving the door ajar. I try to look away, to focus on the interview instead of the way soap suds flow over his flexing muscles.

I ask questions while he showers. He flirts. Invites me to join him.

“Not happening.” I say, forehead burning. My skin tingles hot all over, and I can't blame the steam. I indulge in a brief professional glance.

I manage to get a few quotes despite the distractions. After a few more innuendos, and a final offer to stick around for a casual roll, I thank him for his time, and he promptly kicks me out.

Given his growly dismissal, I assume it's the last I'll see of Cage Edwards.


Cage Edwards
When you want something, go get it. In the ring, or in life.

The moment I see her, I know she's mine. Has to be. Those hips, that ass. Everything about her makes my lust burn like whiskey and fire.

She’s gorgeous, and I want her. I'm trying to leave the press conference, but not without her. So I point her out, "yeah you" style. Want to do an interview?

Of course she does. I'm Cage Edwards.

The last time I wanted something this bad was the world title. The belt around my waist. Now all I can think about is being on top of her, with her legs wrapped around me, whimpering my name. The things I will do to her.

But she isn't making it easy. Even after I flash the famous smile, and show her the only thing bigger than my winning personality.

Every word out of her mouth tells me she isn't like all the rest. Feisty, smart, real. The chase is on.

I won't stop. Nothing will keep me from her.

This is true love, and I'll fight for it.


  Secret Baby tropes are not usually my thing (you'd think differently with the number of them that I've read lately), but this one was pretty awesome. The "secret" baby wasn't really a major story arc, though, so I didn't even really think about it until I was looking at the Goodreads page for the book to get ready for this review! I mean, does it really count as a "secret baby" story when baby was only a secret for, maybe, one chapter?

   Anyway, I can honestly say that there was only one thing about this read that bothered me. About half-way through, I was really beginning to wonder why on earth every chapter started with "Angela." Obviously, I knew it was supposed to denote that it was from Angela's POV, but the whole book had been from her pov, so why do I need to be reminded of that in every single chapter? But then, almost as the end of the book, it happened, I got a scene from Cage's POV! I wish there were more from him. Ellison did such an awesome job writing his POV. That's my only complaint.

  Everything else about the book gets nothing but my praise. The story drew me in, the characters were real, and the writing was phenomenal! I look forward to reading more of Chloe's work!


No comments:

Post a Comment