Monday, August 15, 2016

Protect Me by Margaret Watson


Discretion advised: This book may be unsuitable for anyone under the age of 18, due to mature themes, language and/or sexual content.
Title: Protect Me
Author: Margaret Watson 
Series: The Donovan Family
Publication Date: Nov 20165
Publisher: Dragonfly Press
Age Group: 18+
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Pages: 329
Format: eBook
Source: Author provided Review Copy
Find the Book: Amazon | Goodreads



Police officer Mia Donovan is studying for the detective's exam when her captain offers her an assignment – be Finn O'Rourke's personal bodyguard for the next three weeks. He's in town to film a movie, he has a stalker, and the threats are escalating.

Mia isn't interested – she's focused on the looming exam. But her captain convinces her that successfully protecting Finn will look very good on her record when promotion decisions are made. So, reluctantly, she takes the assignment.

Finn isn't the arrogant, egotistical actor Mia expected. There's more than meets the eye when it comes to the 'most hated man in America', Finn's nickname since he cheated on his girlfriend, a beloved pop star.

But his stalker is lurking and the threat is escalating. Although Mia's feelings for Finn are growing, her job is to protect Finn, not fall in love with him.


  I've made it pretty clear that I'm a "judge a book by its cover" type of person. This one wouldn't have garnered a second glance from me based on its cover alone. Instead, I read the description of this one before I ever saw the cover... I was intrigued. Boy, am I glad I read this! It was such a good book!
   I mean it when I say it was good. It was so well written, the story line was great, the characters were believable, and the emotions were real. The only complaint I had, and it's not really even a complaint, was that I was definitely caught off-guard by a couple of time-jumps near the end of the book. They were totally necessary, no doubt. They were just unexpected after the whole rest of the story occurring in a three-week period of time. Like I said, not really even a real complaint.
  This book was so good, I can't find anything I didn't like or should have been done better or anything really. Let me tell you, Mrs. Watson gets some serious bonus points considering that I didn't find a single formatting issues that's typically associated with eBook formats. I'm pretty sure I didn't even find a single spelling error!
   As far as the story itself... wow, just wow! It's rare for contemporary romance to play in my head like a movie when I'm reading. Anything fantasy will almost every time, but contemporary romance, not so much. This one though, I felt like I was watching it on the silver screen, seriously, someone should seriously consider making this book into a screenplay-- as long as they're going to stick to the story!
   Just so that you know, this is book number 6 in the series, but it can totally be read as a standalone. Currently, there are eight books total and I plan to read them all...as soon as I catch up my backlog of "to be reviewed" requests!

No comments:

Post a Comment