Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Where I've Been

    I know, I know, shame on me. It's been a few months since I've posted any reviews. But don't think I wasn't reading during that time, I was! I did not make the decision to put this blog on hold for a while lightly.

Ultimately, it came down to two very important reasons.

1. I needed to focus on my family and my marriage. Reading and reviewing books will NEVER take precedence over my family.

2. I was no longer reading for fun. I was reading because I had reviews that had to be posted. Sorry, but until the day that someone wants to pay me for book reviews (without people thinking that my reviews aren't valid because I was compensated for it), this blog remains just a hobby. I read because I enjoy it, I read for fun. When it's no longer fun, well, that's where I draw the line.

So I needed time to re-evaluate how I choose books to review, how I will accept review requests, and what steps I need to take to ensure that this blog doesn't become my slave driver.

But, I'm ready now. I'm ready to jump back in and let you guys know about that next great book you need to pick up and read!

No comments:

Post a Comment